How to customize Publuu domain?
Your flipbooks are automatically hosted under the publuu.com domain.
If you wish to you can replace your flipbook link with a subdomain of your own website. This way your publication will become truly yours and an integral part of your company.
Please note that in order to use „Custom Domain” function, you need to sign up to the „Optimum” plan or a higher one.
What is a subdomain ?
Choosing the right subdomain is pretty simple.
If your website is called interiors.com, you could choose one of the following subdomains, for example ;
Catalog – catalog.interiors.com
Ebook – ebook.interiors.com
Magazine – magazine.interiors.com
How to set up my custom domain ?
1. Choose a name for your subdomain, as explained above.
2. Configure your DNS for your subdomain.
This section requires a bit of technical knowledge, so it would be the best if one of your IT specialist could handle it for you. You can also ask for advice the company that hosts your domain.
Follow the steps below:
a) Log in to your domain provider’s account, where your domain is being hosted.
b) Open DNS Management panel.
c) Select the domain you’re modifying.
d) Set up a new CNAME / DNS record. Beware it may look differently in your panel-the way it’s displayed depends on the domain provider.
- Choose the type of record as CNAME
- Name is the hostname for the record, not without the domain name. It is generally referred to as “subdomain”. Here we used the name “catalog”. Your domain name will be added to the URL automatically. If not, please enter your domain name as per example : magazine.yourdomain.com
- Value is for the domain name the CNAME points to. Make sure that both Name and Value are correct when creating the CNAME record – they determine how your CNAME record will work.
- Leave the TTL field at it’s default setting
This is just an example of how to change your DNS Settings. Below you will find a list of the most popular domain providers with links to their guidelines:
If you experience any problems with customization process, please contact our live chat support team. They will get you in touch with our technical support team which will help you find the best solution.
3. Once you you’ve finished, please contact our live chat support team to let us know the domain name you set up. We will run some tests to check if your custom domain works fine and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
What happens if I click on my subdomain address instead of a direct flipbook link?
When your domain has been customized, the direct link to your flipbook will look like that:
If someone clicks on it, your flipbook will open.
If your recipients remove /flip-book/4712/9001 and will try to open your subdomain address subdomain.yourwebsite.com , they will be directed to your homepage yourwebsite.com