How to customize Publuu domain?
Your flipbooks are automatically hosted under the publuu.com domain.
If you wish to you can replace your flipbook link with a subdomain of your own website. This way your publication will become truly yours and an integral part of your company.
Please note that in order to use the „Custom Domain” function, you need to sign up for the „Optimum” plan or a higher one.
What is a subdomain?
Subdomains are created by adding a prefix to the main domain name and separating it with a dot.
Choosing the right subdomain is pretty simple.
If your website is called interiors.com, you could choose one of the following subdomains, for example:
Catalog – catalog.interiors.com
Ebook – ebook.interiors.com
Magazine – magazine.interiors.com
How to set up my custom domain?
1. First, choose a name for your subdomain, as explained above.
2. Log in to your Publuu account, choose any flipbook you want, and click on gear as shown below:
You’ll see a pop-up window. Press the ‘+’ button to add a custom domain.
Please note that the number of domains you can set up depends on the plan you choose. The Optimum plan allows you to add one custom domain, the Professional – three, whereas in the Premium plan – up to 5!
Now it’s time to configure DNS for your subdomain:
Now follow the steps below:
a) Log in to your domain provider’s account, where your domain is being hosted.
b) Open DNS Management panel.
c) Select the domain you’re modifying.
d) Set up a new CNAME / DNS record. Beware it may look differently in your panel-the way it’s displayed depends on the domain provider.
- Choose the type of record as CNAME
- Name is the hostname for the record, not without the domain name. It is generally referred to as a “subdomain”. Here we used the name “catalog”. Your domain name will be added to the URL automatically. If not, please enter your domain name as per example : magazine.yourdomain.com
- Value is for the domain name the CNAME points to. Make sure that both Name and Value are correct when creating the CNAME record – they determine how your CNAME record will work.
- Leave the TTL field at it’s default setting
This is just an example of how to change your DNS Settings. Below you will find a list of the most popular domain providers with links to their guidelines:
If you experience any problems with the customization process, please contact our live chat support team. They will get you in touch with our technical support team which will help you find the best solution.
Once you’ve finished, press the COMPLETED button.
2. Next, you will be asked to type your subdomain name in the blank:
and once you type the subdomain name press SAVE.
And that’s it! Your custom domain is set. Read the information that appears in a pop-up:
Once you read it, press OK or close the window by clicking on the X button in the top right corner of the window. You’ll be back to the main window and you’ll see the currect status of your domain here:
Once your domain is active its status will change and appear as a SUCCESS. Now make sure that the box is marked as checked like here:
and press SAVE.
Congratulations! You’ve just set up your custom domain and made your publications an integral part of your company!
What happens if I click on my subdomain address instead of a direct flipbook link?
When your domain has been customized, the direct link to your flipbook will look like this:
If someone clicks on it, your flipbook will open.
If your recipients remove /flip-book/4712/9001 and will try to open your subdomain address subdomain.yourwebsite.com, they will be directed to your homepage yourwebsite.com